CONTOOCOOK, N.H. - Saint Michael's College women's cross country junior Abby French (Nashua, N.H./Academy of Notre Dame) placed fourth among 124 runners on Saturday, her fifth top-10 showing in as many starts this year, during the Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup at the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds.
- Purple Knight women were eighth out of 11 schools with 200 points during the 5K, within eight of The College of Saint Rose. The men took 11th among 11 at 283 in an 8K race, matching 10th-place Saint Rose's score and trailing ninth-place University of New Haven by one point.
- The nationally-regarded Stonehill College women (40) and regionally-ranked Southern Connecticut State University men (29) won their respective meets. The Skyhawks are receiving votes toward the latest U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) national poll, with the most by any team that is not ranked, while the Owls are fourth in the most recent USTFCCCA East Region rankings.
- The Cup served as a preview of the Northeast-10 Conference Championship race, which will be held back at the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds on Nov. 4 for the Purple Knights' next meet.
- Junior Abby French (Nashua, N.H./Academy of Notre Dame), 4th, 18:52.1 (PR)
- 11th career top-10 finish
- 5th top-10 showing in as many races this year. Longest streak by a Purple Knight since Chloe Boutelle '15 was top 10 in 7 straight in 2013
- Junior Emma Koukos (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough), 44th, 20:31.9
- Senior Emily Calder (Hopkinton, N.H./Hopkinton), 55th, 21:01.4
- Sophomore Molly Nemes (Plymouth, Mass./Sturgis Charter Public School), 63rd, 21:13.9
- First-year Hannah Muse (Yarmouth, Mass./Nauset Regional), 65th, 21:21.8
- Senior Kara Hettinger (Lindenhurst, Ill./Saint Joseph Catholic Academy), 74th, 21:34.5
- First-year Eleanor Devereux (Jericho, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union), 76th, 21:36.3 (PR)
- First-year Colleen Tubridy (Chelmsford, Mass./Chelmsford), 77th, 21:37.6
- Senior Nathan Terry (Reading, Mass./Tilton School), 61st, 27:56.1 (PR)
- Cut 1:01.6 off PR set in previous race
- Junior Kevin Jeter (Eden Prairie, Minn./Eden Prairie), 74th, 28:41.1
- First-year Jake Donnelly (Londonderry, N.H./Londonderry), 75th, 28:49.1 (PR)
- Senior David Baird (Higganum, Conn./Haddam-Killingworth), 76th, 28:53.4
- First-year Nate Hartley (Hadley, N.Y./Hadley-Luzerne), 77th, 28:53.9
- First-year James Downs (Winchester, Mass./Winchester), 79th, 29:08.1
- First-year John Cunningham (Springfield, N.H./Kearsarge Regional), 81st, 29:20.6
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Nov. 4 at NE10 Championship at Hopkinton State Fairgrounds in Contoocook, N.H.
- The meet begins at 11 a.m.