PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College women's volleyball team began a regular-season-ending five-match run during which four contests will be on the road with a loss at Pace University, 3-0 (25-12, 25-9, 25-7), on Friday evening in the Goldstein Fitness Center during Northeast-10 Conference play.
- Saint Michael's (0-15, 0-10 NE10), Pace (18-5, 7-2 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Tanner Barton (Hudson Falls, N.Y./Hudson Falls), 5 kills, 4 digs
- Sophomore Katy Konow (Lebanon, Conn./Lyman Memorial), 7 assists, 6 digs
- Sophomore Molly Clarke (Barkhamsted, Conn./Northwestern Regional), 6 digs
- First-year Jaeden Cruz (Makakilo, Hawaii/Saint Francis School), 4 digs
- Sophomore Victoria Bradford (Vero Beach, Fla./Saint Edward's School), 3 digs
- Senior Kathleen Benson, 16 kills, .762 hitting, 2 blocks
- Junior Samantha Nidini, 16 assists
- Junior Danielle Vaiano, 11 digs
- Saint Michael's began a run of playing four of its final five regular-season contests on the road.
- First-year Grace Fornabia's (Saratoga Springs, N.Y./Saratoga Central Catholic) ace on the opening point of the first set staked the visitors to a lead, and the Purple Knights later erased a 9-5 deficit with a 4-0 run that featured a Barton kill and senior Gabby Ratte's (Kula, Hawaii/Seabury Hall/Colby-Sawyer) tying ace. Now down just 13-12 following sophomore Jillian Harvie's (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) kill, Saint Michael's saw Pace tally the final 12 points.
- The Setters scored the first seven points of set No. 2 prior to Barton and junior Allie Statile (Simsbury, Conn./Simsbury) lending a kill apiece in a 3-1 counter, but the hosts registered the next six points and led by double digits from thereon out.
- Barton dropped a kill early in the third set, during which Saint Michael's trailed only 6-4, but sophomore Mackenzie Byrne posted kills for the next four points as Pace opened a clinching 19-3 stretch.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Saturday at Adelphi University, 1 p.m.