WORCESTER, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College women's volleyball team opened Northeast-10 Conference play with a 3-0 (25-13, 25-16, 25-21) loss to Assumption College on Tuesday evening in Laska Gymnasium.
- Saint Michael's (0-5, 0-1 NE10), Assumption (1-8, 1-2 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Jillian Harvie (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough), 6 kills
- Junior Tanner Barton (Hudson Falls, N.Y./Hudson Falls), 5 kills, 15 digs
- Senior Gabby Ratte (Kula, Hawaii/Seabury Hall/Colby-Sawyer), 3 kills, 12 assists, 6 digs, 1 block
- Junior Allie Statile (Simsbury, Conn./Simsbury), 4 kills, 4 digs, 1 ace, 1 block
- Junior Anna Lonczak (Pine Plains, N.Y./Stissing Mountain), 8 digs, 1 ace
- Sophomore Katy Konow (Lebanon, Conn./Lyman Memorial), 5 assists, 3 digs
- Sophomore Mary Campbell, 8 kills, .533 hitting
- First-year Alexandra Krawczyk, 22 assists, 4 aces
- Senior Kellie Smith, 7 kills, 11 digs, 3 blocks
- First-year Alana Hruska, 7 kills
- Junior Brenna Chrisom, 13 digs
- Purple Knights' NE10 opener and first match in 10 days.
- Eighth consecutive series meeting won by the home team.
- After trailing 10-4 in the opening set following Hruska's kill, the Purple Knights rallied to tie with an 8-2 run. Konow dropped an ace for the tying point, while first-year Grace Fornabia (Saratoga Springs, N.Y./Saratoga Central Catholic) had a kill and a block in the stretch.
- Assumption scored the next 12 points, and 13 of the final 14, to take the opening frame.
- Harvie's kill had Saint Michael's within 3-2 in the second set before the Greyhounds used a 6-0 run, which Hruska capped with two blocks and a kill, to push the lead to 20-8.
- Statile posted a kill and a block during a 7-0 response, and the visitors trailed by five.
- Chrisom dropped aces for the final two points of a clinching 5-1 run.
- Fornabia's kill brought the Purple and Gold within 15-11 in the third set, but Assumption responded with a 5-1 run.
- Three consecutive Barton kills trimmed the deficit to 24-21, but first-year Payton Hodsdon put down a kill at match point.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Next Tuesday at Middlebury College, 7 p.m.