WORCESTER, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College women's tennis team returned to action for the first time in a week during a 6-1 loss at Assumption College on Sunday during Northeast-10 Conference competition at the Assumption Tennis Courts.
- Saint Michael's (3-4, 2-4 NE10), Assumption (4-2, 3-2 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Annie Serkes (Garden City, N.Y./Sacred Heart Academy), 1 win
- Saint Michael's returned to action for the first time since last Sunday.
- The Purple Knights played the only road match during a current five-match swing.
- Assumption swept the doubles matches to nab a 1-0 lead heading into singles. The Purple Knight tandems of seniors Abby Ramsay (Bedford, N.H./Bedford)/Caroline Sumner (Needham, Mass./Needham) and Serkes/first-year Ava Albis (Hamden, Conn./Hamden) notched the most points with 6-2 losses at No. 1 and 2, respectively.
- Greyhounds won the first four singles matches to lock up the team victory. Ramsay had the best showing for the Purple Knights in those contests, losing only 6-3, 6-4 at No. 1 to a player who improved to 5-1 in dual matches this season.
- Serkes followed with a 7-5, 6-3 triumph in the third spot to nab her team-high-tying third win of the year.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Tuesday vs. Franklin Pierce University, 3 p.m.