SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's tennis team capped a four-match week with a 6-1 loss to regionally-ranked Adelphi University during Northeast-10 Conference play on Sunday at The EDGE. The Panthers, who are ranked sixth in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region poll, won the past three NE10 Championships and qualified for the last three NCAA Tournaments.
- Saint Michael's (5-9, 3-7 NE10), Adelphi (7-2, 6-2 NE10)
- Saint Michael's capped a four-match week and is amid a regular-season-ending six-match homestand.
- The Panthers are ranked sixth in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region poll.
- Adelphi won the last three NE10 Championships and qualified for the last three NCAA Tournaments.
- Adelphi fields a five-player roster, which provided Saint Michael's a 1-0 lead before the match even began due to the Panthers defaulting at No. 6 singles.
- After also defaulting at No. 3 doubles, Adelphi lost only two games in the two doubles matches combined to claim the doubles point for the match and tie the contest at 1-1.
- The Panthers clinched the win while dropping just seven total games between No. 1, 2 and 3 singles.
- First-year Abby Edelmann (Boxford, Mass./Masconomet Regional) completed her first career NE10 singles match by losing a 1-6, 6-2, 6-0 decision in the fifth position.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Saturday vs. regionally-ranked Southern New Hampshire University, 12 p.m.
- The match will be the Purple Knights' NE10 finale.