COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's soccer team lost its season finale on Senior Day against American International College, 5-2, during Saturday's Northeast-10 Conference game at Duffy Field.
- Saint Michael's (1-12-3, 0-11-3 NE10), AIC (9-8-1, 7-6-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Emily Durette (Nashua, N.H./Nashua South), 1 goal
- Junior Madeleine Morse (Brownsville, Vt./Windsor), 1 goal
- Senior Alex Matteo (Tolland, Conn./Tolland), 1 assist
- Senior Sara Rooke (Springfield, Mass./Cathedral), 1 assist
- Senior Sarah Williams (Bronx, N.Y./The Ursuline School), 1 assist (1st career)
- Senior Megan LeCours (Barre, Vt./Spaulding), 11 saves
- Redshirt freshman Anniina Sankoh, 3 goals, 1 assist
- Senior Federica Frew, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Johanna Englund, 1 goal
- Junior Jocylyn Deome, 1 assist
- Junior Paige Medeiros, 1 assist
- Sophomore Alexandra Sanft, 2 saves
- This was the season finale for the Purple Knights.
- Durette, LeCours, Matteo, Rooke, and Williams were all honored during a Senior Day ceremony before the game.
- Both the Purple Knights and the Yellow Jackets recorded five corner kicks with all of the Purple Knights' coming during the second half.
- The first goal of the game was scored in the 24th minute by Sankoh, who corralled an errant pass and tapped a shot past an oncoming LeCours and into the lower left corner to make it 1-0 in favor of the Yellow Jackets.
- The next goal wouldn't come until the 48:00 mark when Frew buried a shot into a wide-open net off a rebound from Sankoh's initial shot to make it 2-0.
- The Purple Knights rallied back in the 52nd minute when Morse received a through ball from Rooke on the left side and buried a liner into the lower left corner past a diving Sanft to cut the deficit to 2-1.
- AIC responded 2:48 later when Sankoh tallied her second goal, this time dribbling through multiple Saint Michael's defenders before rocketing a shot into the left side.
- At the 58:05 mark Sankoh netted her hat trick goal on a bullet from just outside the 18-yard box after receiving a long pass from Frew.
- The Purple Knights added their second goal in the 63rd minute when Matteo sent in a corner kick that was headed from Williams to Durette, who then headed it into the left corner.
- The final goal of the game came on a Yellow Jacket free kick where Medeiros sent a ball to the far left post off the head of Deome and to the foot of Englund, who then tapped it in.