EASTON, Mass. – The Saint Michael's College women's soccer team fell 1-0 to regionally-ranked Stonehill College during Saturday's Northeast-10 Conference contest at Skyhawk Field.
- Saint Michael's (1-11-2, 0-10-2 NE10), Stonehill (12-4, 9-4 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Liz Vallatini (Needham, Mass./Needham), 11 saves
- First-year Camryn Thompson, 1 goal
- Sophomore Kayla Henry, 1 assist
- First-year Caitlin Regan, 1 assist
- Junior Kaitlin Brown, 5 saves
- The Skyhawks are ranked sixth in this week's NCAA East Region poll.
- Five of the Purple Knights' last seven games have been decided by one goal or less.
- In the sixth minute, Vallatini made a fingertip save off the crossbar on a shot from junior Nicole Geraghty to keep the score at zeroes.
- The lone goal of the game came for the Skyhawks in the 22nd minute when Thompson buried a shot after a cross from Henry was directed to her off of Regan's body.
- Sophomore Holly Spencer (Windham, Maine/Windham) had three shots for the Purple Knights, including one from the top of the 18-yard box in the 54th minute that just sailed over the right corner.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Wednesday vs. nationally-ranked Franklin Pierce University, 3 p.m.
- The Ravens are ranked 13th nationally by the United Soccer Coaches and are third in this week's NCAA East Region poll.