SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Saint Michael's College women's soccer team was shut out by Northeast-10 Conference opponent Le Moyne College, 1-0, on Tuesday at Ted Grant Field.
- Saint Michael's (1-10-2, 0-9-2 NE10), Le Moyne (4-10, 2-9 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Liz Vallatini (Needham, Mass./Needham), 6 saves
- Senior Riley Wilde, 1 goal
- Sophomore Elizabeth Glynn, 1 assist
- Senior Anastasija Cumika, 1 save
- Four of the Purple Knights' last six games have been decided by one goal or less, with three of them being 1-0 affairs.
- Despite being outshot 9-3 in the first half, the Purple Knights were able to keep the game scoreless until the 47th minute when Wilde headed home a corner kick service from Glynn for the game-winner.
- The Purple Knights had five shots come in the final 23:21, including a header from junior Madeleine Morse (Brownsville, Vt./Windsor) in the 77th minute that went just high of the net on a corner kick from senior Alex Matteo (Tolland, Conn./Tolland).
- The Purple Knights had two attempts to tie the game between the 86th and 87th minutes with neither ending up on frame.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at Stonehill College, 11 a.m.
- The Skyhawks are ranked sixth in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region poll.