PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Saint Michael's College women's soccer team dropped a 3-0 decision to Northeast-10 Conference foe Pace University on Saturday at Pace Stadium.
- Saint Michael's (1-7-2, 0-6-2 NE10), Pace (4-7-1, 2-6 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Liz Vallatini (Needham, Mass./Needham), 3 saves in 29:02
- Senior Megan LeCours (Barre, Vt./Spaulding), 7 saves in 60:58 of relief (season high)
- Senior Victoria Kealy, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Noreen Carlin, 1 goal
- Junior Marta Sadornil, 1 goal
- First-year Jade Mallea, 2 saves
- LeCours recorded her season high in saves with seven.
- Saint Michael's has made six or more saves in nine of 10 games on the season, including eight straight.
- The Setters broke through early when Sadornil buried a shot in traffic from five yards out at the 4:55 mark that would turn out to be the game-winning goal.
- Pace struck again in the 21st minute when Carlin fired home a shot off a feed from Kealy to make it 2-0.
- In the 55th minute, Kealy scored the game's final goal, corralling a rebound off a blocked shot from junior Amanda Duddy to make it 3-0.
- Junior Madeleine Morse (Brownsville, Vt./Windsor) had two attempts for the Purple Knights in the second half, including one on net that was saved by Mallea in the 58th minute.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Wednesday vs. Saint Anselm College, 3 p.m.