COLCHESTER, Vt. – Senior Emily Durette (Nashua, N.H./Nashua South) scored the equalizing goal in the 85th minute for the Saint Michael's College women's soccer team during a 1-1 draw against Bentley University in Saturday's Northeast-10 Conference game at Duffy Field.
- Saint Michael's (1-5-2, 0-4-2 NE10), Bentley (2-3-3, 1-3-2 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Emily Durette (Nashua, N.H./Nashua South), 1 goal
- Sophomore Victoria Zambello (Sharon, Mass./Sharon), 1 assist
- Sophomore Liz Vallatini (Needham, Mass./Needham), 12 saves (career high)
- Junior McKenna Hiller, 1 goal
- Junior Sammy Millmann, 1 assist
- Junior Renee Perkins, 2 saves
- The Purple Knights are 11-11-6 all-time against Bentley, including an 8-4-2 record at home.
- Vallatini made four of her saves during the two overtime periods.
- Bentley opened the match with five shots in the first 13:30 of play, including a penalty kick that missed wide right in the 14th minute.
- The Falcons broke through in the 33rd minute when Hiller headed a cross from Millmann into the left corner to make it 1-0.
- The Purple Knights had a shot to tie in the 64th minute after drawing a foul in the box, but missed a penalty kick with a shot that went high.
- In the 84th minute, Durette buried a ball past an oncoming Perkins on a breakaway after receiving a long through ball from Zambello to tie the game at one apiece.
- In the first overtime, Bentley had six shots, including two back-to-back shots on net from senior Alyssa Valente that were parried away by Vallatini in the 94th minute to keep the game tied.
- The Falcons made one final bid at goal late in the 110th minute, but had a last-second shot kick-saved by Vallatini.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday at regionally-ranked The College of Saint Rose, 6 p.m.
- The Golden Knights are ranked eighth in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region poll.