COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's soccer team was shut out by regionally-ranked Merrimack College, 3-0, during Wednesday's Northeast-10 Conference matchup at Duffy Field. Merrimack is ranked 10th in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region poll.
- Saint Michael's (1-3-1, 0-2-1 NE10), Merrimack (3-1-1, 1-1-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Megan LeCours (Barre, Vt./Spaulding), 6 saves in 45 minutes
- Sophomore Liz Vallatini (Needham, Mass./Needham), 3 saves in 45 minutes of relief
- Senior Tori Daigle, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Gigi Guenther, 2 assists
- Junior Taylor Robertson, 1 goal
- Sophomore Izzy McDonnell, 1 goal
- Junior Erin Fulton, 0 saves in 75:39
- The Warriors are ranked 10th in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region poll.
- Merrimack scored all three of its goals in the first half.
- Merrimack broke through early in the first half when McDonnell buried a one-timer off of a pass from Daigle in the seventh minute.
- The Warriors then followed with another goal at the 11:26 mark when Daigle tapped home a rebound off of Guenther's initial shot, which had been blocked by LeCours.
- In the 16th minute, Merrimack players directing two shots on net, only to be stopped by a diving LeCours on both occasions.
- Robertson added an insurance goal in the 43rd minute, deflecting a free kick from senior Emily Maier to make it 3-0.
- The Purple Knights nearly broke through in the 79th minute when junior Meghan Dieterle (Franklin, Mass./Franklin) rocketed a shot off the right post.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday vs. nationally-ranked Adelphi University, 11 a.m.
- The Panthers are ranked 18th in this week's United Soccer Coaches national poll.