WEST HAVEN, Conn. - The Saint Michael's College women's lacrosse team dropped a 20-6 decision to No. 16 University of New Haven during Saturday afternoon's Northeast-10 Conference matchup at Kathy Zolad Stadium. The Chargers are ranked according to this week's Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) national poll.
- Saint Michael's (3-8, 1-8 NE10), New Haven (9-4, 7-3 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Kate Martin (Mattapoisett, Mass./Bishop Stang), 3 goals, 3 ground balls, 2 draw controls, 2 caused turnovers
- Sophomore Ashley Turner (Monkton, Vt./Mount Abraham Union), 2 goals
- Senior Alex Vincent (Rush, N.Y./Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women), 1 goal
- Sophomore Erin Mikson (Merrimac, Mass./Pentucket Regional), 1 assist, 2 draw controls
- Sophomore Kaitlyn Waystack (Topsfield, Mass./Masconomet Regional), 1 assist
- Sophomore Emma Coleman (Scarsdale, N.Y./Scarsdale), 3 ground balls, 2 draw controls, 3 caused turnovers
- Junior Lilly Hardy (Greenland, N.H./Portsmouth), 2 caused turnovers
- Sophomore Lucy Chin (Lexington, Mass./Lexington), 3 saves, 3 ground balls in 31:47
- Sophomore Victoria Putnam (East Falmouth, Mass./Saint Mark's School), 1 save in 28:13
- Senior Mackenzie Reh, 7 goals, 2 draw controls
- Junior Julia Jette, 4 goals, 3 assists
- Junior Caroline Maher, 5 goals
- Junior Kendra Nolan, 2 goals, 14 draw controls
- Senior Samantha Galler, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Junior Raven Linton, 5 ground balls, 5 draw controls, 2 caused turnovers
- Junior Gianna Guerra, 8 saves in 44:48
- Junior Erica Rinsky, 3 saves in 15:12
- New Haven is ranked 16th in this week's Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) national poll.
- Three of the last four opponents the Purple Knights have faced have been nationally ranked, with all three being in NE10 play. All three teams were ranked 16th.
- Turner scored her first two goals of the season in just her fourth game back after missing the first seven games of the season due to injury.
- The Chargers opened the game with seven straight goals in the first 11:12 of the first half as Reh netted four goals, including two off of free-position attempts, while Maher added a hat trick.
- Turner buried the Purple Knights' first goal at 14:44 before New Haven tacked on two more to make it 9-1. Jette and Maher notched the Chargers' goals.
- The Purple Knight scored three of the next five goals, as Turner potted her second of the game at 11:51, while Vincent put one away at 9:20 off a pass from Mikson before New Haven added two markers. Martin scored at 3:52 to cut the deficit to 11-4.
- New Haven scored nine of the final 11 goals as Reh tallied three more goals, while Jette had two goals and two assists and Nolan netted twice. Martin buried the Purple Knights' final two goals, netting at 19:20 and 13:22 of the second half.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Wednesday vs. Southern New Hampshire University, 3:30 p.m.