COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's lacrosse team fell to Saint Anselm College, 12-7, during Wednesday afternoon's Northeast-10 Conference contest at Duffy Field.
- Saint Michael's (1-3, 0-3 NE10), Saint Anselm (4-1, 2-0 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Alex Vincent (Rush, N.Y./Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women), 3 goals, 3 assists
- Sophomore Erin Mikson (Merrimac, Mass./Pentucket Regional), 3 goals, 2 assists
- Sophomore Kaitlyn Waystack (Topsfield, Mass./Masconomet Regional), 1 goal, 4 ground balls
- Senior Annie Martin (Mattapoisett, Mass./Bishop Stang), 3 ground balls, 8 draw controls, 6 caused turnovers
- Junior Lilly Hardy (Greenland, N.H./Portsmouth), 4 ground balls, 2 caused turnovers
- Senior Kate Martin (Mattapoisett, Mass./Bishop Stang), 2 draw controls, 3 caused turnovers
- Sophomore Victoria Putnam (East Falmouth, Mass./Saint Mark's School), 5 saves in 44:11
- Sophomore Lucy Chin (Lexington, Mass./Lexington), 0 saves in 15:49 of relief
- Senior Molly Beck, 3 goals, 1 assist, 3 ground balls, 4 draw controls
- Sophomore Sarah Morey, 2 goals
- Junior Breda Holland, 2 goals, 3 draw controls
- First-year Taylor Cobain, 2 goals, 2 draw controls, 2 caused turnovers
- Sophomore Annie Richards, 1 goal, 2 assists, 2 ground balls
- Junior Bailee Pudvar, 9 saves, 5 ground balls
- Third of five straight NE10 games for the Purple Knights.
- With her six points Vincent pushes her career total to 116, passing Amanda Pelley '09 (111) and Megan Rule '07 (115) for 14th in program history. Her three goals extends her career total to 89, tying Kate Boyer '15 for 12th in program history.
- Sophomore Emma Coleman (Scarsdale, N.Y./Scarsdale) upped her career caused turnover total to 49 during the contest, tying Noel Smith '06 for sixth in program history, while passing Lauren Piekarski '05 (48).
- Saint Michael's held slight advantages in shots (28-24) and draw controls (11-10), while committing 23 turnovers to Saint Anselm's 25. The Purple Knights also led with 18 caused turnovers to the Hawks' 15.
- Saint Anselm started the game with a 4-0 run, with each of them coming in the first 8:01 of play. Beck netted the first marker at 29:00 before sophomore Kelsey Czarnota tallied at 26:59, Morey potted at 24:08, and Holland scored at 21:59.
- The Purple Knights answered with a 3-0 stretch to make it 4-3 as Vincent scored at 17:34 and 10:43, while Waystack split Vincent's markers with one of her own at 15:49 off of a pass from Vincent.
- The next six goals were split between the teams with Saint Anselm scoring and Mikson countering each time, including her hat-trick goal at 25:09 in the second half to cut the Purple Knights' deficit to 7-6. Vincent assisted on Mikson's final two goals.
- The Hawks scored the next five goals to go up 12-6, with Beck netting twice during the stretch, while Richards added a goal and an assist. Vincent had a goal disallowed at 22:35 due to an illegal stick that would have brought the Purple Knights within one goal before the Hawks scored three goals in the next 1:54 to pull away. All five of the Hawks' goals came within a stretch of 5:32.
- Vincent found the back of the net for her hat-trick goal and the game's final goal at 12:02 off a feed from Mikson. Pudvar made three saves in the final 2:10 to keep the Purple and Gold off the board.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday vs. Southern Connecticut State University, 12 p.m.