WORCESTER, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College women's lacrosse team fell to No. 12 Assumption College, 20-8, during Saturday afternoon's Northeast-10 Conference contest at the Assumption Multi-Sport Stadium. Assumption is ranked in the latest USLacrosse Magazine national poll.
- Saint Michael's (1-2, 0-2 NE10), Assumption (5-0, 2-0 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Alex Vincent (Rush, N.Y./Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women), 3 goals, 1 assist
- Sophomore Erin Mikson (Merrimac, Mass./Pentucket Regional), 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Kate Martin (Mattapoisett, Mass./Bishop Stang), 1 goal, 4 draw controls
- Junior Kaelyn Oliver (Canton, Conn./Canton), 1 goal
- First-year Jordy Fenton (Andover, Mass./Phillips Academy), 1 goal (1st career)
- First-year Kit Geary (Newburyport, Mass./Newburyport), 1 goal
- Sophomore Emma Coleman (Scarsdale, N.Y./Scarsdale), 5 ground balls, 6 caused turnovers
- Senior Annie Martin (Mattapoisett, Mass./Bishop Stang), 2 ground balls, 2 draw controls, 2 caused turnovers
- Junior Lilly Hardy (Greenland, N.H./Portsmouth), 3 ground balls, 2 caused turnovers
- Sophomore Victoria Putnam (East Falmouth, Mass./Saint Mark's School), 3 saves in 30:00
- Sophomore Lucy Chin (Lexington, Mass./Lexington), 5 saves in 30:00 of relief
- Junior Callie Dwyer, 5 goals, 2 assists, 3 ground balls, 2 caused turnovers
- Senior Sarah Reilly, 5 goals, 2 ground balls, 9 draw controls, 2 caused turnovers
- Senior Kailyn Hart, 2 goals, 3 assists
- Junior Emily Spath, 2 goals, 3 assists, 2 caused turnovers
- Sophomore Olivia Angelo, 2 goals, 2 assists, 2 caused turnovers
- First-year Lauren Jakobs, 2 goals, 1 assist, 7 draw controls
- Sophomore Grace McDermott, 5 ground balls, 7 caused turnovers
- First-year Allie Collins, 4 saves, 4 ground balls
- This was the Purple Knights' second straight game against a nationally-ranked opponent.
- With her three goals Vincent upped her career total to 86, passing current assistant coach Courtney Piper '15 (84), Megan Rule '07 (84), Kealy Moyna '18 (85), and Amanda Pelley '09 (85) to move into sole possession of 13th in program history.
- With her six caused turnovers Coleman extends her career total to 47, passing Christine Driscoll '08 (42), Jen Thygesen '04 (43) and Melissa Jaskiewicz '15 (43) for eighth in program history.
- Saint Michael's scored the game's first goal as Oliver netted at 26:58 in the first half off a feed from Mikson.
- Assumption then went on a 4-0 run between 25:09 and 16:25 with Reilly scoring twice and Jakobs and Angelo each adding one. Vincent ended the run after burying at 14:01 to cut the deficit to 4-2.
- The Greyhounds then scored three straight on goals from Dwyer, Reilly, and Spath between 11:20 and 8:21 before Vincent netted her second goal off a feed from junior Katrina Pietz (Brentwood, N.H./Exeter) to make it 7-3 with 6:48 left in the half.
- Hart added another goal for the Greyhounds at 3:25 before Reilly followed with her fourth goal of the half at 2:20. Vincent then netted her hat-trick goal with 48 seconds left before Jakobs tallied her second with just 16 seconds left in the frame to put Assumption up 10-4.
- The Purple and Gold opened the second half with a free-position goal by Geary at 23:09 before Dwyer answered 41 seconds later to make it 11-5.
- Mikson made it 11-6 at 20:13 off a feed from Vincent before the Greyhounds went on a 9-2 run to finish the game. Dwyer scored three goals for the Greyhounds during that stretch, while Kate Martin and Fenton scored the final goals for the Purple Knights, with Fenton's being on a free-position shot at 8:27 for her first career goal.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Wednesday vs. Saint Anselm College, 2 p.m.