POTSDAM, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team lost at the State University of New York at Potsdam, 8-3, on Tuesday evening at Maxcy Ice Arena.
- Saint Michael's (2-7), SUNY Potsdam (3-3)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Arianna Boscia (Cranston, R.I./La Salle Academy), 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Jordan Monbouquette (Wayland, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 2 assists
- Junior Krista Ferrari (Dunstable, Mass./East Coast Wizards), 1 goal
- First-year Maeghan Kennard (Hamlin, N.Y./Niagara Jr. Eagles), 1 goal, 9-for-17 faceoffs
- Senior Vika Simons (Essex Junction, Vt./Minnesota Duluth Club), 9 saves in 17:52
- Junior Alyssa Cimino (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley), 8 saves in 16:10 of relief
- Sophomore Gabriella Dicomitis (Warwick, R.I./Williston Northampton School), 9 saves in 25:30 of relief (college debut)
- Junior Natalie Wasielewski, 4 assists
- Senior Miranda Kolb, 1 goal, 2 assists
- Sophomore Ellie Cleary, 1 goal, 2 assists
- Senior Lucy Condon, 2 goals
- First-year Kaylee Merrill, 2 goals
- Junior Alexis Clark, 1 goal
- Junior Keira Thacker, 1 goal
- Senior Kayla McCabe, 18 saves
- The contest was both teams' first break from league play this year. Saint Michael's had played 18 consecutive games against New England Women's Hockey Alliance (NEWHA) teams since last year.
- SUNY Potsdam's last game had been an overtime loss to SUNY Plattsburgh, which won five of the last six NCAA Division III Tournaments.
- Saint Michael's played its first regular-season mid-week game since Jan. 6, 2016, when it hosted Lake Forest (Ill.) College, and hit the road for its first such contest since Feb. 11, 2014, at Connecticut College.
- Clark broke the scoreless deadlock 4:08 after the opening faceoff, taking a puck that Simons batted into the right circle and firing home. Just 12 seconds later, Merrill took a giveaway in the Purple Knight slot and scored from in close to make it 2-0.
- Condon extended the advantage at 17:52, firing a high shot into the net from the right circle.
- Merrill tallied 3:00 into the second period from the right circle, and Thacker sniped a shot into the upper right corner of the net from the right circle with 9:14 gone, kicking off a run of five goals between the teams in a matter of 5:47.
- Saint Michael's got on the board less than a minute later, with Ferrari forcing a turnover near center ice before junior Riley Nichols (Gilford, N.H./Tilton School) sent a lead pass into the left circle for Ferrari, who made a nice move to create space before tallying at 10:04.
- Kolb put home a rebound from the right circle with 12:27 gone, but Boscia's shot from above the left circle gave the Purple Knights a power-play marker at 14:36. Just 25 seconds later, Condon was sprung for a breakaway through the right circle and finished after making a quick move out front.
- Boscia had a bid stopped midway through the third period, but Kennard batted home the rebound from in close at 10:46. Just 1:26 later, Cleary ripped a shot home from the slot glove side during a power play to produce the game's final score.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at Saint Anselm College, 7 p.m.