SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team fell to Saint Anselm College, 4-0, on Saturday in a New England Women's Hockey Alliance (NEWHA) game at Cairns Arena.
- Saint Michael's (2-6, 2-6 NEWHA), Saint Anselm (8-3, 7-3 NEWHA)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- First-year Maeghan Kennard (Hamlin, N.Y./Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles), 10-for-11 on faceoffs
- Junior Krista Ferrari (Dunstable, Mass./East Coast Wizards), 6-for-11 on faceoffs
- Senior Vika Simons (Essex Junction, Vt./Minnesota Duluth Club), 43 saves
- First-year Callie Wiley (Andover, Mass./Andover), 4 blocks
- Junior Courtney Kelly (Arlington, Mass./Boston Jr. Shamrocks), 3 blocks
- Sophomore Erin Meyers, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Junior Gabby Monaco, 1 goal
- First-year Kenadie Cooper, 1 goal
- First-year Gabrielle Huson, 1 goal
- Senior Michaela Kane, 12 saves
- Simons has recorded exactly 43 saves in each of the last four games.
- The Purple Knights held the advantage on faceoffs, 26-24.
- Simons made a save 7:43 into the first period when senior Amanda Conger brought the puck up the left side of the ice and shot for the top right corner, but Simons used her glove to snatch the puck out of the air.
- The Hawks scored their first goal 10:45 into the first period when Meyers passed the puck for the point to Monaco, whose shot went through traffic in front of the net and found the top right corner.
- Saint Anselm scored again at 14:03 on a pass from the corner by junior Jayden Young to Huson, whose shot went to the top part of the net.
- Sophomore Jenna Harrison (Kitchener, Ontario/Wellesley) had a breakaway four minutes into the second period but her shot was saved by Kane.
- The Hawks scored their third goal on a power play 9:47 into the second period when senior Jamie Gottwald passed the puck to the right post for a one-timer by Cooper.
- Twelve minutes into the second period, the Purple Knights had a breakaway when junior Maddie Gervais (Glastonbury, Conn./East Catholic) passed the puck up the ice to senior Jordan Monbouquette (Wayland, Mass./Lawrence Academy), whose shot went past Kane but hit the right post.
- The Hawks scored their second power-play goal 14:24 into the third period on a pass by junior Jayden Young from the left side of the ice to Meyers in front of the net.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday at the State University of New York at Potsdam, 6 p.m.