MANCHESTER, N.H. - The fourth-seeded Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team fell to No. 1 Saint Anselm College, 9-0, during Saturday evening's New England Women's Hockey Alliance (NEWHA) Tournament semifinal at Sullivan Arena to close out its season.
- Saint Michael's (7-17-1), Saint Anselm (24-3-1)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Nicole Talcott (Colchester, Vt./Rice Memorial Prep), 35 saves
- Sophomore Riley Nichols (Gilford, N.H./Tilton School), 4 blocks, 7-for-13 on faceoffs
- Sophomore Emily Lanci (Canton, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 3 blocks
- First-year Jenna Harrison (Kitchener, Ontario/Wellesley), 3 blocks
- Sophomore Gabby Monaco, 1 goal, 5 assists
- First-year Kelly Golini, 3 goals
- Junior Amanda Conger, 2 goals, 2 assist
- First-year Amanda Nylander, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Sophomore Katy Meehan, 1 goal
- Sophomore Madison Sprague, 1 goal
- Senior Maddie Scavotto, 14 saves
- This is the Purple Knights' 15th appearance in a playoff semifinal round.
- The Purple and Gold had last advanced to the semifinals of a postseason tournament in 2016, in the old New England Hockey Conference (NEHC) Open Tournament.
- Talcott recorded her 20th career 30-save performance and finishes her college career in third place in program history in save percentage (.900), passing Abby Burke '17 (.899), while tying Erin Stevens '13 for third in program history in goals-against average (3.73).
- Saint Anselm held a 44-14 advantage in shots and a 44-22 lead in faceoffs.
- The Purple Knights posted their fourth game of 20 blocks or more.
- The Hawks started the scoring at 8:21 in the first as Conger ripped a shot from the right circle into the back of the net.
- Conger followed up with her second goal of the game, this time on the power play, at 13:42 as she rifled the puck in from the left circle off a pass from Monaco.
- Saint Anselm made it 3-0 with nine seconds remaining in the opening period as Nylander stuffed a shot from right in front of the crease underneath Talcott.
- Talcott made a tremendous diving stop at 17:07 in the second period, denying junior Kaley Campbell from netting a point-blank shot near the right post directly after turning away two Saint Anselm shots from the low slot.
- The Hawks scored their fourth goal at 17:10 as Golini potted a shot from the low slot into the top left corner.
- Meehan made it 5-0 at 19:08 on the power play, scoring from the right circle into the lower short-side corner, while Sprague netted with six seconds left for Saint Anselm's sixth goal.
- Golini added her second goal at 6:26 in the third period and her hat-trick goal on the power play at 8:21.
- Monaco scored the game's final goal at 18:26 for the Hawks' fourth power-play goal, notching her sixth point of the game.