POTSDAM, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team opened a home-and-home weekend series with the State University of New York at Potsdam by suffering a 4-1 loss on Friday evening in Maxcy Ice Arena.
- Saint Michael's (1-2), SUNY Potsdam (1-0)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Jordan Monbouquette (Wayland, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 1 goal
- Sophomore Maddie Gervais (Glastonbury, Conn./East Catholic), 1 assist
- Senior Nicole Talcott (Colchester, Vt./Rice Memorial Prep), 26 saves
- Sophomore Alexis Clark, 2 goals
- Junior Miranda Kolb, 1 goal, 1 assist
- First-year Stephanie Dunlap, 1 goal
- Junior Alexa Pfeiffer, 21 saves
- Opener of weekend home-and-home series.
- SUNY Potsdam held a 30-22 edge in shots.
- Talcott made two stops during an early Bear power play, but Kolb converted a third chance during the woman advantage at 4:41 of the first period to make it 1-0.
- The teams traded power plays later in the frame, with junior Arianna Boscia (Cranston, R.I./La Salle Academy) being turned away during the Purple Knights' before Talcott had three in a SUNY Potsdam advantage.
- Late in the period, Dunlap pushed the lead to two at 17:36.
- Just 18 seconds into the second period, Monbouquette cut the deficit in half, converting on Gervais' feed.
- While looking to tie, Saint Michael's earned a power play just 36 ticks later, but a visitor penalty ended the woman advantage after 18 seconds.
- Eleven seconds after a Purple Knight power play ended, Clark tallied at 8:46 to reestablish the two-goal cushion.
- Clark put home her second goal at 11:53 of the third period during a power play.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at SUNY Potsdam, 4 p.m.