EASTON, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College women's basketball team saw its three-game winning streak come to an end on Tuesday at regionally-ranked Stonehill College with a 71-51 loss in Merkert Gymnasium during Northeast-10 Conference play. The Skyhawks are seventh in the latest D2SIDA East Region Media Poll.
- Saint Michael's (10-12, 6-11 NE10), Stonehill (16-7, 11-6 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 11 points, 12 rebounds (career high), 5 offensive rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 5-for-11 field goals
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 11 points, 4-for-4 free throws, 2 assists
- Junior Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 7 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 assists
- Junior Cassandra Falone (Chatham, N.J./Chatham), 7 points, 2 assists, 3-for-6 field goals
- Junior Alyssa Breunig (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull), 5 rebounds
- First-year Kayla Raymond, 16 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks
- Junior Gabrielle Reuter, 12 points, 6 rebounds
- Senior Tayler Wornum, 10 points, 6 rebounds
- Sophomore Jennifer Worden, 10 assists
- Saint Michael's had won eight of its last 12, including five of the last six, winning three in a row.
- Stonehill was the Purple Knights' fourth opponent in five games that was at least regionally ranked, if not also nationally ranked.
- Stonehill is seventh in the latest D2SIDA East Region Media Poll.
- The Purple Knights held the Skyhawks to 7-of-28 (25.0%) three-point shooting while outscoring them 12-4 from the charity stripe.
- Ferreri joined Purcell in the 250-assist club, which features 21 members in program history. Ferreri has exactly 250, while Purcell has 253.
- Ferreri's fourth double-double of the season.
- Ferreri's steal led to her lay-up at 8:35 of the opening period for the game's first bucket before Reuter scored four points in a 9-0 Stonehill response.
- Anderson buried a three to keep the visitors within four, and the Purple Knights only trailed 17-10 at the end of the frame after first-year Nicole Ladas (Glastonbury, Conn./Tilton School) dropped in a hoop with 1:57 left.
- Purcell's lay-in at 8:03 of the second allowed Saint Michael's to remain down by seven, but Stonehill scored 16 of the next 18 points to take a 35-14 advantage 15 seconds after halftime.
- The hosts pushed their lead to as many as 25 points before the Purple Knights cut their deficit to 17 on a Purcell lay-in at 5:22 of the fourth quarter, when the visitors held a 26-23 scoring edge.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday vs. Assumption College, 1:30 p.m.
- The Purple Knights will celebrate Senior Day that day.