WEST HAVEN, Conn. - The Saint Michael's College women's basketball team dropped a 69-57 decision against regionally-ranked University of New Haven during Wednesday Northeast-10 Conference contest at Charger Gymnasium. New Haven is ranked ninth in this week's D2SIDA East Region Media poll.
- Saint Michael's (5-10, 1-9 NE10), New Haven (13-4, 6-3 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 16 points
- Junior Cassandra Falone (Chatham, N.J./Chatham), 12 points in 15 minutes, 4-of-6 three-pointers
- Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 11 rebounds (tied career high), 4 steals, 3 assists
- Junior Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 7 points, 8 assists, 4 steals
- Junior Alyssa Breunig (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull), 8 points, 2 assists
- Junior Taylor Miller (Falmouth, Mass./Falmouth), 8 points, 2 steals
- Senior Alexandria Kerr, 20 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, 7-of-12 shooting, 5-of-5 free throws
- First-year Camryn DeBose, 19 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 4-of-5 three pointers, 7-of-10 shooting
- Junior Micah Wormack, 10 points, 11 rebounds
- Junior Kim Talley, 9 points, 4 rebounds, 4-of-8 shooting
- Senior Katia Oge, 6 points, 4 rebounds
- Second game of a five-game stretch for the Purple Knights where four of those games are on the road.
- The Chargers are ranked ninth in this week's D2SIDA East Region Media Poll.
- The Purple Knights had 13 steals on 18 forced turnovers.
- The Chargers held an early 19-14 lead with 1:55 left in the first quarter until Falone netted her second three-pointer of the frame with 23 seconds left to bring the Purple Knights within two heading into the second quarter.
- New Haven began the second quarter with a 12-4 run, extending its lead to 31-21 on a three-point play by Kerr with 5:20 remaining in the half.
- The Purple Knights rallied to within seven on a three by Anderson 14 seconds into the third before the Chargers scored eight straight to go up by 15 with 7:35 remaining on a layup by Wormack.
- The Purple and Gold trimmed the deficit to 45-41 at 3:36 with an 11-0 run, with Anderson and Breunig each registering a three in that stretch.
- New Haven then went on a 19-2 run, including scoring 10 straight to end the third quarter, with Talley hitting a jumper with 4:12 remaining in the fourth to give the Chargers a 21-point lead, their largest lead of the game.
- Saint Michael's scored 14 of the final 19 points as Falone posted two more three-pointers and Anderson hit a last-second jumper to end the game.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday vs. Adelphi University, 1:30 p.m.