LYME, N.H./HANOVER, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College Alpine and Nordic skiing teams combined to take 11th among 15 schools when the two-day Dartmouth College Carnival came to an end on Saturday. Alpine races, which were only held on the second day due to poor conditions on Friday, took place at Dartmouth Skiway, while Nordic events took place at Oak Hill Cross Country Center.
- Saint Michael's was 11th among 15 institutions with 305 points, one shy of 10th-place Bowdoin College (306) and 11 short of ninth-place Harvard University (316).
- The University of Vermont won the carnival with 914 points.
- For the weekend, the Purple Knights took eighth place with 224 points, within range of sixth-place Williams College (240) and seventh-place Saint Lawrence University (228).
- Senior Guillaume Grand (La Plagne, France/Lycée Général Ferrié), 5th in slalom, 1:37.28 two-run time
- 39th career top-10 finish
- Within 0.32 seconds of third place and a podium finish
- Junior Zach Bouchard (Merrimac, Mass./Gould Academy), 34th, 1:41.63
- First-year Christian Gallagher (Stowe, Vt./Burke Mountain Academy), 39th, 1:42.26
- Wore No. 57 bib
- Junior Colby Jordan (Charlotte, Vt./Mount Mansfield Winter Academy), 40th, 1:42.36
- First-year Ben Throm (Aspen, Colo./Aspen), 42nd, 1:42.61
- Junior Emilia Laffin (Chamonix, France/Lycée du Mont-Blanc René Dayve), 18th in slalom, 1:46.22 two-run time
- Junior Erin Spence (Aspen, Colo./Aspen), 33rd, 1:48.26
- Junior Anna Willassen (Jar, Norway/Persbråten VGS), 42nd, 1:50.29
- Senior Clara Lopez Costa (Barcelona, Spain/Green Mountain Valley School), 43rd, 1:50.32
- Junior Kara Gailiunas (Warren, Vt./Green Mountain Valley School), 44th, 1:50.50
- Wore No. 61 bib
- Both teams were seven points behind the nearest opponent, scoring 25 apiece. The men trailed Saint Lawrence University while the women were short of Université Laval.
- Senior Mitch McDonald (Prior Lake, Minn./Prior Lake) and first-years John Cunningham (Springfield, N.H./Kearsarge Regional) and Mikey Halligan (Gansevoort, N.Y./Saratoga Central Catholic), 24th in 3x5 classic relay, 48:22.3
- The trio bested a team from Saint Lawrence by 16.0 seconds
- First-years Gaelan Boyle-Wight (Newry, Maine/Telstar Regional), Will Meehan (Concord, Mass./Concord-Carlisle Regional) and Brian Wing (Chugiak, Alaska/Chugiak), 26th, 50:33.7
- Seniors Amy Duclos (Clifton Park, N.Y./Shenendehowa) and Ellen Emers (East Hardwick, Vt./Hazen Union) and first-year Rachel Smith (Old Forge, N.Y./Town of Webb), 23rd in 3x5 classic relay, 1:02:03.5
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S EVENT
- Friday at Middlebury College Carnival, 9 a.m.