COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team celebrated Senior Day on Saturday at the SMC Tennis Courts while losing a 7-0 decision to Stonehill College in Northeast-10 Conference play.
- Saint Michael's (6-13, 1-6 NE10), Stonehill (12-6, 4-3 NE10)
- Seniors Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional), Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley) and Jake Remillard (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans) were all recognized prior to their final collegiate home match.
- The Purple Knights won their most games (27) against Stonehill since 2017 (44).
- The Skyhawks captured the doubles point by claiming victories at No. 1 and 2 to begin the match, dropping a total of three games.
- Sophomore Colby Antonacci (Bolton Valley, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union/Saint Anselm) and first-year Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Persbråten VGS) combined for a 6-3 loss in the third spot.
- Allen had a close opening set during a 6-3, 6-1 defeat at No. 2 singles.
- Junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde) lost a 6-1, 6-3 decision in the fourth position, which allowed Stonehill to clinch the match.
- Foley had the closest singles contest for the Purple Knights, with a 6-2, 6-4 setback at No. 1.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Wednesday at Bentley University, 3 p.m.