NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team played the first of consecutive regionally-ranked foes with a 7-0 loss to Merrimack College at North Andover High School during Northeast-10 Conference play on Saturday. The Warriors are fifth in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region poll and qualified for the past 11 NCAA Tournaments.
- Saint Michael's (4-9, 1-2 NE10), Merrimack (8-6, 2-0 NE10)
- Merrimack swept doubles to take a 1-0 lead into singles play.
- The Purple Knights' second and third doubles tandems both captured one game. Senior Jake Remillard (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans) and junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde) sided in the former while first-years Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Persbråten VGS) and Ivan Llona (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union) combined at the latter.
- Krogh and senior Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley) each won a team-best four games in singles. Foley lost to the region's 11th-ranked player, 6-1, 6-3, at No. 1 while Krogh lost by the same score at No. 4.
- Senior Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) fell by a 6-2, 6-0 count in the second spot.
- Merrimack yielded two games in the other three singles matches combined.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Wednesday at regionally-ranked Southern New Hampshire University, 3 p.m.
- The Penmen are fourth in the latest ITA East Region poll.
- Southern New Hampshire won the last three NE10 Championships and qualified for seven of the past eight NCAA Tournaments.