Sep 29, 2018
WESTON, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team fell to Regis College, 5-4, on Saturday at the Regis Tennis Center during non-league play.
- Saint Michael's (0-2), Regis (2-1)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Colby Antonacci (Bolton Valley, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union/Saint Anselm), 2 wins
- First-year Ivan Llona (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union), 2 wins
- Junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde), 1 win
- First-year Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Persbråten VGS), 1 win (1st of career)
- Regis was the 2018 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Championship runner-up.
- Purple Knights' first match in 13 days.
- After losing their opening doubles match, the Purple Knights won the final two doubles decisions.
- Krogh and Mosher won 8-2 at No. 3 to tie the match, and Antonacci and Llona claimed an 8-5 victory in the second position during their first match together to put the visitors in front.
- Llona did not yield a game at No. 6 singles before Antonacci earned a 6-3, 6-1 victory in the fifth spot to provide Saint Michael's a 4-1 edge, within one win of clinching the match.
- Three Purple Knights lost at least one 6-4 set during singles defeats, while Regis won the final four matches to complete the comeback win.
- Senior Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley) fell by a 6-4, 6-4 count at No. 2, classmate Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) lost a 6-3, 6-4 decision in the top spot, while senior Jake Remillard (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans) dropped a 6-4, 6-1 contest at No. 4.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Oct. 12 vs. Norwich University, 5 p.m.