EASTON, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College men's basketball team lost to Stonehill College, 80-59, on Tuesday evening during Northeast-10 Conference play at Merkert Gymnasium.
- Saint Michael's (6-16, 3-14 NE10), Stonehill (12-12, 6-11 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Jordan Guzman (Staten Island, N.Y./Xaverian), 15 points, 2 steals, 4-for-4 free throws
- Senior Levi Holmes III (East Brunswick, N.J./Rutgers Prep), 15 points, 3-for-5 three-pointers
- Senior Winston Jones II (Valley Stream, N.Y./Valley Stream Central), 9 points, 7 rebounds (4 offensive), 2 blocks
- Junior Eli DiGrande (Essex Junction, Vt./Essex), 8 points, 8 rebounds, 4-for-7 field goals
- Senior Derek Cheatom (Buffalo, N.Y./The Park School of Buffalo), 8 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 4-for-7 field goals
- Senior Jaylen Hall (Chicago, Ill./Lincoln Park/Richard J. Daley), 3 rebounds, 2 assists
- Sophomore Owen Chose, 26 points, 5-for-10 three-pointers
- Senior Michael Boen, 14 points, 3 assists, 3 steals
- First-year Josh Mack, 12 points, 3 assists
- Junior Will Moreton, 11 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
- With 262 career three-pointers, Holmes moved out of a tie for third in program history with Mark Mulvey '97 (259) to take over sole possession.
- Neither team led by more than five points in the opening 7:40 of the game, as they played through four lead changes and three ties.
- After the teams stood tied at 17, Chose hit three three-pointers in a 15-3 Stonehill run, putting the hosts up 32-20 at 7:11.
- The Skyhawks led by as many as 13 points before taking a 43-31 advantage into the locker room.
- Guzman's lay-in at 18:39 of the second stanza brought the Purple Knights within 45-35, but Chose knocked down a jumper 1:01 later to kick off a 13-2 run.
- DiGrande's dunk trimmed the deficit to 58-41 at 10:59, and five straight points from Holmes made it 62-46 with 7:45 to go.
- Chose buried a three at 6:54, and Moreton's lay-up 25 seconds later pushed the lead back to 67-46. However, Boen responded with two free throws, and Saint Michael's never again trailed by fewer than 19 points.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday vs. Assumption College, 3:30 p.m.
- The Purple Knights will celebrate Senior Day that day.