COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College men's basketball team lost a 99-92 decision to Franklin Pierce University on Tuesday evening during Northeast-10 Conference play in the Ross Sports Center.
- Saint Michael's (2-3, 0-3 NE10), Franklin Pierce (3-2, 1-0 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Derek Cheatom (Buffalo, N.Y./The Park School of Buffalo), 30 points (career high), 6 rebounds, 11-for-13 free throws
- Senior Levi Holmes III (East Brunswick, N.J./Rutgers Prep), 18 points (16 second half), 6 rebounds, 2 steals
- Sophomore Jason Heter (Andover, N.J./Newton), 13 points (career high), 6 rebounds, 6-for-8 field goals, 17 minutes
- Senior Winston Jones II (Valley Stream, N.Y./Valley Stream Central), 9 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists
- Junior Jordan Guzman (Staten Island, N.Y./Xaverian), 8 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists
- Sophomore Walker Storey (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union), 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 assists, 3 blocks
- Junior Doyin Fadojutimi, 33 points, 4 blocks, 5-for-6 three-pointers
- Sophomore Sean Fasoyiro, 12 points, 6 rebounds
- Junior Falu Seck, 11 points, 4 assists
- Graduate student Jeremy Arthur, 11 points
- Sophomore San van Oostrum, 7 assists
- Saint Michael's held a 40-38 rebounding edge, 46-36 advantage in paint points, and committed 16 turnovers while forcing 17.
- Saint Michael's capped a two-game homestand and hosts only one more NE10 game this semester.
- Consecutive Fadojutimi jumpers capped a 10-0 run that gave Franklin Pierce a 12-5 lead at 17:02 of the first half. The Ravens led 33-23 on Fasoyiro's three at 9:15.
- Fadojutimi's two free throws kept the lead at 40-30 with 4:31 to go before Storey's lay-in cut the deficit to five at 1:54.
- The Ravens led 45-37 at halftime when first-year Isaiah Moore beat the buzzer with a bank shot.
- Franklin Pierce pushed its advantage to 50-37 on van Oostrum's lay-up at 18:21 of the second half before the Purple Knights used a 6-0 run to pull within 60-55, capped by Storey's steal setting Cheatom up for a breakaway dunk at 14:19.
- Cheatom's jumper 45 seconds later made it 63-59, but Franklin Pierce slowly pushed the lead back to 13, for the final time on Fasoyiro's trey at 4:43.
- Two Holmes threes bookended a 10-1 run that took only 1:37 to elapse, creating an 87-83 margin at 2:54.
- Fadojutimi canned a three 15 seconds later, and Saint Michael's never again trailed by fewer than five points.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Nov. 28 at regionally-ranked Assumption College, 7:30 p.m.
- The Greyhounds are 10th in this week's D2SIDA East Region Media Poll.