COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College men's basketball team opened its home slate with an 83-72 loss to Stonehill College, which is receiving votes toward the latest D2SIDA East Region Media Poll, on Saturday in the Ross Sports Center during Northeast-10 Conference play.
- Saint Michael's (2-2, 0-2 NE10), Stonehill (2-2, 1-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Levi Holmes III (East Brunswick, N.J./Rutgers Prep), 22 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 3-for-7 three-pointers
- Junior Eli DiGrande (Essex Junction, Vt./Essex), 19 points, 9 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds, 2 blocks
- Senior Derek Cheatom (Buffalo, N.Y./The Park School of Buffalo), 12 points, 2 steals
- Sophomore Walker Storey (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union), 11 points (career high) in 15 minutes, 2 assists, 3-for-5 three-pointers
- Junior Jordan Guzman (Staten Island, N.Y./Xaverian), 8 points, 6 assists
- Senior Jaylen Hall (Chicago, Ill./Lincoln Park/Richard J. Daley), 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
- Junior Brandon Twitty, 33 points, 4 steals, 5-for-10 three-pointers
- Junior Will Moreton, 26 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists
- Sophomore Owen Chose, 9 points, 3-for-7 three-pointers
- Saint Michael's faced its second straight opponent at least receiving votes toward the D2SIDA East Region Media Poll, having visited seventh-ranked Southern New Hampshire University on Wednesday.
- The Purple Knights blocked seven shots and saw its bench outscore Stonehill, 30-6.
- Stonehill is receiving votes toward the latest D2SIDA East Region Media Poll.
- Holmes became the 18th player in program history to reach the 1,400-point mark for a career, finishing the game with 1,400 points exactly.
- The teams played through six lead changes and five ties in the first half. Stonehill's 32-26 edge on first-year Andrew Sims' lay-in at 5:28 produced the largest lead for either team.
- Cheatom's three-pointer at 1:55 put Saint Michael's up 37-34, but Twitty hit a triple at 14 seconds to give the Skyhawks a 41-39 lead at halftime.
- Four straight Moreton points gave Stonehill the first of two nine-point leads during the opening portion of the second stanza, and Chose's trey at 11:16 made it 59-51.
- Guzman converted a three-point play before Storey netted five consecutive points to tie the game, and Cheatom's two freebies at 9:09 pushed the hosts into a 61-59 lead.
- Seven points from Moreton triggered a 13-0 run, and the Skyhawks led by as much as 79-65 on Twitty's triple with 2:38 left.
- Saint Michael's notched a 7-0 run in a matter of 40 seconds before possessing with a chance to make it a two-possession game with less than 90 seconds to go, but a lay-up rimmed out, and Stonehill scored its final four points from the line.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday vs. Franklin Pierce University, 7:30 p.m.