MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College field hockey team lost a 2-0 decision to Southern New Hampshire University on Wednesday evening at Larkin Field during Northeast-10 Conference play.
- Saint Michael's (2-12, 2-8 NE10), Southern New Hampshire (8-7, 6-4 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Anna Hurley (Sandwich, Mass./Sandwich), 14 saves (career high)
- Matched most saves by a Purple Knight since Jackie Chisholm '15 (22) on Oct. 29, 2014
- Senior Lindsey Poirier, 1 goal
- Redshirt junior Cassidy Huckins, 1 goal
- Sophomore Hélène Servais, 2 assists
- Junior Laura van der Doorn, 1 defensive save
- Senior Melanie Rennie, 1 save
- Fourth consecutive meeting decided by two goals or fewer.
- Huckins scored just 5:14 into the contest for the only goal by either team in the opening half, tipping home Servais' pass during a penalty corner set into the right side of the net.
- Hurley finished the half with seven stops, including two in less than 30 seconds between the 10th and 11th minutes, with the first a van der Doorn attempt during a corner play.
- Senior Morgan Johnston (Newburyport, Mass./Newburyport) sent an attempt wide for the Purple Knights in the 19th minute.
- Huckins had a shot blocked with four seconds to go, and on the ensuing untimed corner at the end of the stanza, Hurley denied Poirier's bid for net.
- Hurley rejected back-to-back tries by senior Maddie Holt and Huckins in the 47th minute to keep it 1-0.
- Hurley stopped shots on corner plays by Servais and Poirier in the 54th and 60th minutes, respectively.
- Johnston had two chances to tie the game late in regulation, but her initial shot was saved by Rennie midway through the 69th minute before van der Doorn made a defensive save on her follow-up attempt.
- Poirier scored on an untimed corner at the end of the game after receiving a tipped pass from Servais.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday vs. Bentley University, 1 p.m.
- The Purple Knights' Senior Day game.