WESTFIELD, Mass. - Saint Michael's College women's cross country junior Abby French (Nashua, N.H./Academy of Notre Dame) placed ninth among 214 runners during the James Earley Invitational on Saturday in Stanley Park. In a 36-school field, the women placed ninth while the Purple Knight men were 13th.
- Purple Knight women were ninth out of 36 schools with 275 points during the 5K. The men took 13th among 36 at 325 in an 8K race.
- The Saint Michael's women trailed Rhode Island College by seven points and bested Northeast-10 Conference counterparts Southern Connecticut State University (345) and University of New Haven (354), which took 12th and 13th, respectively.
- On the men's side, the Purple and Gold were one point ahead of the University of Massachusetts at Boston while narrowly trailing NE10 foes New Haven (10th, 311) and The College of Saint Rose (11th, 313), as well as Suffolk Community College (12th, 315).
- Smith College won the women's meet with 92 points, while Trinity College won the men's with 64.
- Junior Abby French (Nashua, N.H./Academy of Notre Dame), 9th, 18:53.91 (PR)
- 10th career top-10 finish
- Top 21 in all three career Earley Invitationals
- Senior Emily Calder (Hopkinton, N.H./Hopkinton), 64th, 20:31.46
- Fastest time since 2015
- Junior Emma Koukos (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough), 65th, 20:31.55 (PR)
- First-year Hannah Muse (Yarmouth, Mass./Nauset Regional), 77th, 20:52.34 (PR)
- Sophomore Molly Nemes (Plymouth, Mass./Sturgis Charter Public School), 79th, 20:57.43 (PR)
- Senior Kara Hettinger (Lindenhurst, Ill./Saint Joseph Catholic Academy), 82nd, 21:00.58 (PR)
- First-year Alexus Day (Belmont, N.H./Belmont), 109th, 21:38.99 (PR)
- Junior Kevin Jeter (Eden Prairie, Minn./Eden Prairie), 22nd, 26:54.74
- 22nd among 210 runners
- Top 32 in all three career Earley Invitationals
- First-year James Downs (Winchester, Mass./Winchester), 73rd, 28:29.79 (PR)
- First-year Nate Hartley (Hadley, N.Y./Hadley-Luzerne), 84th, 28:52.21 (PR)
- Senior Nathan Terry (Reading, Mass./Tilton School), 86th, 28:57.70 (PR)
- First-year Jake Donnelly (Londonderry, N.H./Londonderry), 91st, 29:07.57 (PR)
- First-year John Cunningham (Springfield, N.H./Kearsarge Regional), 95th, 29:15.90 (PR)
- Senior David Baird (Higganum, Conn./Haddam-Killingworth), 101st, 29:26.08
- Only time the Purple Knight harriers will race on back-to-back weekend this season, having competed last Saturday at the Vermont Intercollegiate Championship.
- Third straight season Saint Michael's competed at Earley Invitational.
- Eleven of the 14 Saint Michael's scorers set personal records.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Oct. 20 at Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup at Hopkinton State Fairgrounds in Contoocook, N.H.
- Women's race is at 12 p.m. before men begin 45 minutes later.