MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - Junior Abby French (Nashua, N.H./Academy of Notre Dame) took sixth place to highlight the Saint Michael's College cross country teams' individual finishers during Middlebury College's Aldrich Invitational on Saturday, as the women were third among nine schools and the men took fourth.
- The Purple Knight women scored third-place points (87) during the 5K while the men were fourth (126) in the 8K.
- Both competed in a nine-school field that were topped by nationally-ranked Division III Middlebury, followed by Division I University of Vermont.
- Junior Abby French (Nashua, N.H./Academy of Notre Dame), 6th, 20:16.3
- 8th career top-10 finish
- Only woman among top 14 who did not hail from Middlebury or Vermont
- Senior Kara Hettinger (Lindenhurst, Ill./Saint Joseph Catholic Academy), 29th, 22:21.7
- Senior Emily Calder (Hopkinton, N.H./Hopkinton), 30th, 22:30.3
- Sophomore Molly Nemes (Plymouth, Mass./Sturgis Charter Public School), 33rd, 22:44.2
- First-year Alexus Day (Belmont, N.H./Belmont), 35th, 22:54.8
- First-year Hannah Muse (Yarmouth, Mass./Nauset Regional), 36th, 22:59.0
- First-year Ingrid Boland (Old Saybrook, Conn./Old Saybrook Senior), 37th, 23:01.9
- Junior Kevin Jeter (Eden Prairie, Minn./Eden Prairie), 31st, 29:19.7
- Senior Nathan Terry (Reading, Mass./Tilton School), 41st, 30:34.5
- First-year Nate Hartley (Hadley, N.Y./Hadley-Luzerne), 46th, 30:47.8
- First-year James Downs (Winchester, Mass./Winchester), 48th, 30:50.4
- First-year Matt Gianni (Stowe, Vt./Stowe), 53rd, 31:33.5
- First-year John Cunningham (Springfield, N.H./Kearsarge Regional), 57th, 31:37.5
- First-year Jake Donnelly (Londonderry, N.H./Londonderry), 59th, 31:49.4
- First of back-to-back races in Vermont for both Purple Knight teams.
- Nationally-ranked Middlebury won both races. The Panther women, who are sixth in the latest U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Division III poll, scored 18 points. The ninth-ranked men netted 17.
- Division I University of Vermont took second in both genders. The Catamount women are 14th in the most recent USTFCCCA Division I Northeast Region rankings.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Sept. 29 at Vermont Intercollegiate Championship at Northern Vermont University-Lyndon; women at 1 p.m. and men at 2 p.m.