Women's Tennis Remains Perfect With 8-1 Win Versus Tiffin
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Seth Cole - Phone: 802.654.2537
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Saint Michael's College women's tennis team (7-0) maintained its perfect record on Sunday with an 8-1 win versus Tiffin (Ohio) University.
Sophomore Emily Magee (Queensbury, N.Y./Queensbury) earned victories at #3 singles and #1 doubles in the win, while seniors Marran Ranks (Stratham, N.H./Exeter) and Marybeth Ash (Westborough, Mass./Westborough) paired up for a victory at #2 doubles, while also winning at #2 and #3 singles, respectively. Sophomore Jean-Marie McGrath (Niwot, Colo./Alexander Dawson School) also won twice, at #3 doubles and #5 singles.
Saint Michael's remains in Florida for its next three matches, returning to action on Tuesday with a 12 p.m. contest versus Northeast-10 Conference rival Adelphi University.
Women's Tennis: Saint Michael's 8, Tiffin 1
1. Deahna Giguere/Emily Magee (SMC) def. Jessica Stefanov/Taylor Cooper (TIF) - 8-4
2. Marran Ranks/Marybeth Ash (SMC) def. Nicole Ardner/Cassie Dye (TIF) - 8-1
3. Emily Ogilvy/Jean-Marie McGrath (SMC) def. Emily Egan-Morris/Renee Mattson (TIF) - 8-3
1. Morris (TIF) def. Giguere (SMC) - 6-1, 6-3
2. Ranks (SMC) def. Stefanov (TIF) - 6-1, 6-1
3. Magee (SMC) def. Cooper (TIF) - 6-4, 6-0
4. Ash (SMC) def. Ardner (TIF) - 6-2, 6-1
5. McGrath (SMC) def. Mattson (TIF) - 6-0, 6-1
6. Alexandra Dalton (SMC) def. Dye (TIF) - 6-2, 6-3
Records: Saint Michael's 7-0, Tiffin 3-16