ALBANY, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College women's soccer team lost a 1-0 decision to regionally-ranked The College of Saint Rose on Wednesday evening during a Northeast-10 Conference affair on Sullivan Field. The Golden Knights are seventh in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region poll.
- Saint Michael's (1-6-2, 0-5-2 NE10), Saint Rose (8-2-1, 6-2 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Liz Vallatini (Needham, Mass./Needham), 8 saves
- Junior Caitlyn Dabagian, 1 goal
- Junior Marika Laurendeau, 3 saves
- Saint Rose is seventh in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region poll.
- The Purple Knights held Golden Knight junior Nina Predanic, the NE10 leader in goals (9) and points (23) who had 15 points during a five-game point streak, without a point.
- Saint Michael's snapped Saint Rose's five-game streak of scoring multiple goals.
- Saint Michael's fired a pair of shots on net in the opening half, the most Saint Rose had yielded in an opening stanza in four games.
- Just 3:39 into the contest, Predanic rushed the left side of the goal area but was denied by Vallatini.
- Vallatini came off her line in the 13th minute to stop junior Deanna Trongone's attempt.
- Vallatini made another save in the 14th minute before the Golden Knights ran off three straight corner kicks by the end of the 16th minute, none of which resulted in shots.
- Sophomore Victoria Zambello (Sharon, Mass./Sharon) fired a shot on net that was stopped in the 23rd minute.
- Off of Predanic's corner serve in the 36th minute, junior Sanja Ratkovic headed a bid that Vallatini denied.
- In the 55th minute, senior Julianne Johnston ripped a shot that was blocked, but Dabagian pounced on the rebound and drove it home from 12 yards for the game's only goal.
- Vallatini denied another Predanic bid in the 70th minute during a corner sequence.
- Sophomore Tess McCabe's (Cataumet, Mass./Bourne) tying try in the 74th was saved by Laurendeau.
- The only ensuing shot for either team was off the foot of Predanic, in the 80th minute, which was saved.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at Pace University, 12 p.m.