COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's basketball team played its final home Northeast-10 Conference game of the calendar year on Tuesday, losing an 82-59 decision to regionally-ranked Saint Anselm College in the Ross Sports Center. The Hawks are fifth in this week's D2SIDA East Region Media Poll.
- Saint Michael's (2-6, 1-5 NE10), Saint Anselm (8-1, 5-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 16 points, 6 rebounds (5 offensive), 3 assists, 6-for-10 field goals
- Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 assists
- First-year Nicole Ladas (Glastonbury, Conn./Tilton School), 9 points, 3-of-7 three-pointers
- Junior Alyssa Breunig (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull), 6 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals
- Junior Taylor Miller (Falmouth, Mass./Falmouth), 5 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks
- Junior Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 7 assists, 2 steals
- Junior Shannon Ryan, 20 points, 13 rebounds
- Sophomore Grace Guachione, 17 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 3-for-6 three-pointers
- Senior Emma Daly, 12 points, 4-for-8 three-pointers
- The Purple Knights finished off a six-game stretch that included four foes at least ranked regionally.
- Saint Michael's played its final NE10 home game until Jan. 9.
- The Purple and Gold assisted 16 of its 22 baskets and blocked seven shots.
- Saint Anselm is fifth in this week's D2SIDA East Region Media Poll.
- Ferreri's lay-in had the Purple Knights up 5-4 at 6:37 of the first quarter, but Saint Anselm countered with a 10-4 run, with sophomore Peyton Steinman's jumper capping the stretch at 2:29, making it 14-9.
- Purcell's three-point play brought the hosts within 18-17 at 9:15 of the second period, and Saint Michael's still trailed only 24-22 on Miller's jumper with 5:31 to go.
- The Hawks responded with a 20-5 run that bridged halftime, with Ryan scoring nine points and Guachione eight.
- Anderson's three-pointer at 6:12 of the third stanza created a 48-35 margin, but Saint Anselm pushed its advantage to 23 points by period's end to pull away.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at Merrimack College, 1 p.m.