COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College men's swimming & diving team boasts its smallest roster in 14 years this winter, but Purple Knights with the squad's top four win totals last year are back after the program continued making strides at dual and championship meets alike.
Head Coach: Eileen Hall (8th Year)
Diving Coach: Susannah Gruner (2nd Year)
Assistant Coaches: Michael Sprague '12 (2nd Year), Laura Matuszak (16th Year)
2016-17 Record: 2-5
2016-17 Northeast-10 Conference Championship: 7th/7
Team's top four in wins return, as do five of the top six ... nine-man roster matches program's smallest since 2003-04 squad had seven student-athletes ... finished second at mid-season North Country Invitational for second straight season, best finish since first competing in 2012-13 ... totaled 199 points at NE10 Championship, nearly registering 200 points for third time in four years ... two dual-meet wins were most since 2013-14 and matched highest total since 2009-10.
Saint Michael's opens the season against Colby-Sawyer College and Keene State College on Saturday before resting for two weeks ... after taking on Colby-Sawyer again on Nov. 4 and Clarkson University a week later, the semester-ending North Country Invitational at the State University of New York at Potsdam is Nov. 17-18 ... upon returning from Winter Break, the Purple Knights compete in five January dual meets in 13 days before the four-day NE10 Championship kicks off on Feb. 8 at Worcester Polytechnic Institute ... qualifiers for the NCAA Championship head to Greensboro, N.C., from March 14 to 17.
- Michael May (Wallingford, Conn./Lyman Hall), breast, IM | captain
- Spencer Ralston (Hebron, Conn./Cushing Academy), distance free | captain | 8 wins
- Seamus Butler (Waltham, Mass./Waltham), sprint free, breast | 8 wins
- Jacob Sutton (Tyngsboro, Mass./Tyngsboro), breast, distance free
- Pat Thornton (Lawrenceville, N.J./Lawrence), mid-distance free, fly | 13 wins (tied for team lead) | 10 individual wins (team leader) | set 2 school records
- Connor Hopkins (Windham, N.H./Windham), sprint free, back | 13 wins (tied for team lead)
- Aidan Mulderrig (Rockville Centre, N.Y./South Side), fly, IM | 4 wins