COLCHESTER, Vt. - An influx of youth figures to make a major impact upon the Saint Michael's College Nordic skiing team in 2019, as a small contingent of experienced veterans is joined by an eight-member first-year class, the program's largest in five seasons.
Head Coach: Molly Peters (7th Year)
Assistant Coach: Pennie McEdward Rand (1st Year)
2018 EISA Championship: 7th/15 (combined with Alpine) | 11th/12 (women's Nordic) | 12th/12 (men's Nordic)
Eight first-years are most since 2014 squad had the same number ... rookies make up at least half of the roster for the first time since that 2014 campaign ... men bring back two student-athletes, both of whom were regular scorers during season ... women return one of six Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) Championship competitors to active roster ... Purple Knights accounted for 12 top 50 individual finishes in 2018 ... at least five first-years are on roster for the fourth consecutive season.
Saint Michael's opens the season at the Saint Lawrence University Carnival this Saturday and Sunday before heading to the University of New Hampshire Carnival next weekend ... the following three competitions are relatively local, with two in Vermont ... the University of Vermont hosts the Feb. 1-2 carnival in advance of hosting the NCAA Championship on March 6-9 ... the Dartmouth College Carnival is Feb. 8-9, and the Middlebury College Carnival follows on Feb. 15-16 ... Bates College's carnival on Feb. 22-23 is the final EISA competition of the year, and acts as not only the EISA Championship but the NCAA East Regional Championship.
- Amy Duclos (Clifton Park, N.Y./Shenendehowa), women's team | captain | studied abroad | competed in 12 races as a sophomore, leading team 9 times
- Ellen Emers (East Hardwick, Vt./Hazen Union), women's team | studied abroad | competed in 7 races as a sophomore
- Mitch McDonald (Prior Lake, Minn./Prior Lake), men's team | captain | on track to graduate in 3 years | competed in 11 races | team's top finisher 8 times
- Kevin Jeter (Eden Prairie, Minn./Eden Prairie), men's team | captain | competed in 7 races | team leader in 2 races
- Aimee Sala (Carrabassett Valley, Maine/Kents Hill School), women's team | competed in 11 races | studying abroad during season
- Emma Bellefleur (Wolfeboro, N.H./Kingswood Regional), women's team | competed in 7 events
- Lorelei Poch (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury Regional), women's team | missed season due to injury
- Ingrid Boland (Old Saybrook, Conn./Old Saybrook Senior), women's team
- Gaelan Boyle-Wight (Newry, Maine/Telstar Regional), men's team
- John Cunningham (Springfield, N.H./Kearsarge Regional), men's team
- Mikey Halligan (Gansevoort, N.Y./Saratoga Central Catholic), men's team
- Will Meehan (Concord, Mass./Concord-Carlisle Regional), men's team
- Casey Reeder (Saratoga Springs, N.Y./Saratoga Springs), women's team
- Rachel Smith (Old Forge, N.Y./Town of Webb), women's team
- Brian Wing (Chugiak, Alaska/Chugiak), men's team