COLCHESTER, Vt. - With the departure of six student-athletes from last year's team, and another two who are studying abroad this semester, Saint Michael's College Nordic skiing student-athletes both new and old will find opportunities to fill vacant positions on the Purple Knights' carnival roster this winter.
Head Coach: Molly Peters (6th Year)
Assistant Coach: Matthew Piper (1st Year)
2017 EISA Championship: 9th/18 (combined with Alpine) | 11th/12 (women's Nordic) | 12th/12 (men's Nordic)
Returners: 11 (2 studying abroad during season)
Women return two of six Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) Championship competitors to active roster, and student-athletes who held down 13 of 30 scoring positions during individual events during season ... men bring back student-athletes who were among their top three in just one solo event during 2017 season, but two of five who raced at EISA Championship ... Purple Knights accounted for 13 top 50 individual finishes in 2017 ... at least five first-years are on roster for the third consecutive season ... eight states are represented, including three Purple Knights hailing from Minnesota, one from Alaska and one from Wisconsin.
Saint Michael's opens the season at the Colby College Carnival this weekend before three of the final five carnivals are in Vermont, with the other two occurring a stone's throw from state lines ... the Purple Knights host the Saint Michael's Carnival on Jan. 20-21 for the second time in four years at Sleepy Hollow Ski and Bike Center in Huntington ... the University of Vermont, Dartmouth College, Williams College and Middlebury College host carnivals each of the first four weekends in February, with the Middlebury event also the EISA Championship and the NCAA East Regional Championship ... qualifiers for the NCAA Championship head to Steamboat Springs, Colo., on March 7-10.
- Emma Barnes (Amherst, Wis./Amherst), women's team | captain | competed in 12 events | team's top finisher 5 times | scored during all 10 individual races | 38th during classic sprint at Saint Lawrence University Carnival
- Micaela Flagg (Wolfeboro, N.H./Kingswood Regional), women's team | second-year captain | competed in 7 events
- Matt Doyle (Salisbury, N.H./Merrimack Valley), men's team | not an active member of the team in 2017 | competed in 10 events in 2016
- Amy Duclos (Clifton Park, N.Y./Shenendehowa), women's team | competed in 12 events | team's top finisher 9 times | scored during all 10 individual races | studying abroad during 2018 season
- Ellen Emers (East Hardwick, Vt./Hazen Union), women's team | competed in 7 events | studying abroad during 2018 season
- Caitlin Holmquist (Gray, Maine/Gray-New Gloucester), women's team | competed in 2 events
- Ethan Brookner (Minneapolis, Minn./Washburn), men's team | competed in 8 events
- Kevin Jeter (Eden Prairie, Minn./Eden Prairie), men's team | competed in 6 events
- Mitch McDonald (Prior Lake, Minn./Prior Lake), men's team | competed in 12 events | scored during mass-start 20K freestyle at EISA Championship
- Aimee Sala (Carrabassett Valley, Maine/Kents Hill School), women's team | competed in 10 events | scored during 4 individual races
- Gianna Trono (Fairfax, Vt./BFA-Fairfax), women's team | competed in 6 events
- Emma Bellefleur (Wolfeboro, N.H./Kingswood Regional), women's team
- Ale Legate (Anchorage, Alaska/West Anchorage), women's team
- Lorelei Poch (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury Regional), women's team
- Sam Seeley (Center Harbor, N.H./Inter-Lakes), men's team
- Alex Warner (East Montpelier, Vt./U-32), men's team