DeWITT, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team closed out its 2018-19 season with a 7-0 loss to regionally-ranked Le Moyne College on Friday afternoon during Northeast-10 Conference action at Elevate Fitness. The Dolphins were sixth in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region poll.
- Saint Michael's (6-15, 1-8 NE10), Le Moyne (12-8, 6-3 NE10)
- Saint Michael's capped its 2018-19 season with its highest win total since 2011-12, which matched its most since 2008-09.
- The Purple Knights' 49 singles victories and 25 doubles triumphs were their most since 2007-08.
- Le Moyne was the Purple and Gold's fourth regionally-ranked foe of the school year
- First-year Ivan Llona (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union) finished the year 12-8 in singles, setting a program record for singles victories in a season.
- Junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde) went 10-10 in doubles action, picking up the most doubles triumphs by a Purple Knight since 2007-08.
- The Dolphins won all three doubles matches to claim the doubles point. Seniors Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) and Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley) lost a narrow 6-4 contest at No. 1 in their final collegiate doubles match.
- Mosher and senior Jake Remillard (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans) were downed by a 6-2 count in the second spot.
- In singles play, Llona and Mosher both lost by slim margins in their second sets, as Mosher suffered a 6-2, 6-4 setback at No. 3 while Llona fell 6-1, 6-4 in the sixth spot. Mosher faced the 20th-ranked singles player in the region during his match, taking on a Dolphin who improved to 20-5 overall and 8-1 in league play.
- First-year Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Persbråten VGS) lost 6-2, 6-1 at No. 4.