COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team fell to Roberts Wesleyan (N.Y.) College, 5-2, during Wednesday afternoon's non-conference match at the Tarrant Recreation Center.
- Saint Michael's (2-6), Roberts Wesleyan (4-2)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley), 1 win
- Senior Jake Remillard (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans), 1 win
- Junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde), 1 win
- First-year Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Persbråten VGS), 1 win
- Fourth and final match of February for the Purple Knights, exceeding team's total from past three Februarys combined.
- Remillard notched his first doubles victory of the season as he partnered with Mosher for the first time since March 2017.
- This was sophomore Tirth Barot's (Petrolia, Ontario/North Albion Collegiate Institute) college debut.
- The Redhawks took the doubles point by taking the first two decisions.
- Allen and Foley fell 6-2 in the top spot to the fourth-ranked doubles pair in the East Region as ranked by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA).
- Barot and Krogh narrowly dropped a 6-4 match at No. 3.
- Mosher and Remillard grabbed a 7-5 win in the second doubles spot as the final match to finish.
- The Redhawks clinched the match with three straight victories to open singles play, winning all three in straight sets.
- Foley won his singles match by a 6-4, 2-6, 10-8 count in the second spot.
- In his first match since Oct. 13, Krogh tallied the second Saint Michael's point with a 4-6, 6-2, 10-6 comeback victory in the fifth spot to improve to 3-0 in singles matches on the season.
- Barot suffered a 6-1, 7-5 loss at No. 6, nearly bringing the Purple Knights within one point.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- March 19 vs. Northern Vermont University-Lyndon, 3:30 p.m.