COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team lost to regionally-ranked Franklin Pierce University, 6-1, on Saturday during Northeast-10 Conference play in the Tarrant Recreation Center. The Ravens are seventh in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region poll.
- Saint Michael's (2-4, 1-1 NE10), Franklin Pierce (4-1, 3-0 NE10)
- Second of four February matches, matching team's total from past three Februarys combined.
- Franklin Pierce is seventh in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region Poll.
- Franklin Pierce claimed the doubles point with a pair of 6-2 victories in the top two spots.
- Thanks to the Ravens defaulting at No. 6 singles, the teams stood tied with five matches remaining.
- Senior Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley) faced the 12th-ranked player in the East Region at No. 1, and was among five Purple Knights who lost in straight sets.
- Senior Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) and sophomore Colby Antonacci (Bolton Valley, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union/Saint Anselm) both claimed a team-best three games, in the second and fourth positions, respectively.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Friday against Emerson College at Nashua (N.H.) Swim and Tennis Club, 12:30 p.m.