SHELTON, Conn. - The Saint Michael's College men's ice hockey team fell to Post University, 4-2, on Tuesday evening at the Sports Center of Connecticut during a non-conference contest.
- Saint Michael's (3-9-2), Post (3-9)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Nic Hermary (Coquitlam, British Columbia/Melfort Mustangs), 1 goal
- First-year Andy Ide (Barrington, R.I./Cushing Academy), 1 goal (1st career), 5-for-12 faceoffs
- Senior Chris Johnson (Duxbury, Mass./Pomfret School), 10 saves in 20 minutes
- First-year Hugo Turcotte (Gap, France/Kimball Union Academy), 16 saves in 37:04 of relief
- Senior Sam D'Antuono (Hingham, Mass./Dexter School), 1 assist, 18-for-35 faceoffs
- Sophomore Niall Foster (Newmarket, N.H./Walpole Express), 10-for-21 faceoffs
- Junior Tyler Hackett, 2 goals
- Junior Noah Wild, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Sophomore Kieran Hurley, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Sophomore Brandon Brown, 37 saves
- Hermary registered his seventh goal in the last five games, accounting for all of his goals this season. He matched a career high with the seven goals.
- Hurley put Post on the board 2:08 into the contest, roofing a shot from the right circle.
- Hermary found the equalizer 2:20 later. After sophomore Noah Muller (Amsterdam, The Netherlands/Düsseldorfer EG) had a saved shot kicked to the left corner, D'Antuono tracked down the rebound and sent a pass from the left wall to the slot for Hermary, who one-timed home a shot.
- Hackett put the Eagles back in front at 17:02 of the opening frame, forcing a takeaway at the blue line and skating through neutral ice before going 1-on-1 with a Purple Knight defender and scoring from the right circle.
- The teams combined for four scoreless power plays in a scoreless second period.
- Post pushed the lead to two goals 1:25 into the third period, as Turcotte stopped a shot by sophomore Evan Lugo, but Hurley batted the rebound before Wild put in the third try.
- Saint Michael's trimmed the deficit at 8:36, as Ide won a faceoff in the left circle before sophomore Brandon Mitchell (North Scituate, R.I./Pomfret School) controlled the loose puck and found a cutting Ide, who scored from the top of the crease.
- The hosts extended the lead at 16:33, as junior Matt Moreschi was denied during a 1-on-1 rush, but the rebound trickled free and a trailing Hackett tapped in the rebound.
- Turcotte was pulled for an extra skater for the final 2:56, but Brown stopped all three Purple Knight shots sent on net during that time.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Friday vs. Assumption College, 7 p.m.
- Saint Michael's heads into the contest, the opener of a two-game weekend series, tied for first in the Northeast-10 Conference.