|Class:||Class of 1926|
|Sport:||Football, Administrator, Athletic Director|
|Enshrined:||Inducted October 18, 2003|
One of the most influential leaders of Saint Michael's first 100 years, his expert, guiding hand positively impacted Athletics from several different administrative offices. A graduate of Saint Michael's High School and College, he was a talented and tough center for both schools' football teams. After his ordination in 1930, he returned to serve the College for nearly 30 years in the following capacities: Instructor, Athletic Director, Treasurer, Development Officer, Vice President, and President. As the College's 8th President, he led Saint Michael's through the dramatic expansion of post-World War II. In 1947, he recruited and hired Hall of Famer George 'Doc' Jacobs, and worked with him to develop a modern athletic department with expanded sport offerings, and an athletic physical plant which featured a 6,000 seat football stadium! He received honorary doctorates from Norwich and Saint Michael's, and was honored to have Lyons Hall named for him when constructed in 1960. He was also known as the "Mayor of Winooski Park" for his extensive community service involvements.